Monday, December 7, 2009

Getting ready for christmas!

Isn't this the sweetest?? WILD CHILD!!

Have I mentioned that I love this time of year?? I'm extra excited this year because this is Hudson's first christmas! I hope that Jeff and I can start christmas traditions and memories that will be carried on for many years to come! I also pray that we can instill in Hudson the TRUE meaning of christmas, the birth of Jesus! I understand that he is a child and presents will be very important to him, but I do want him to learn to give to others and not always expect to receive! So...Hudson filled 2 boxes of toys for needy children for christmas!





We had a very busy weekend, which is one of the things I love about this time of year!! On friday night, we went to Landon and Kelley's for a christmas party. We had such a great time, but scatter-brained me grabbed the wrong memory card for my camera, so again I have no pictures to share! We visited, ate lots of yummy food, and played dirty santa! On Saturday, Kelley, Amy, and I took Leah out for brunch to celebrate the upcoming arrival of sweet little Lacey Ruth! We ate at MiMi's cafe and it was delicious! Leah is such a special friend and we wanted her to feel extra special! We got her the stroller that she had registered for and I think that she was excited! I am glad that she has her stroller so I can soon get my walking buddy back!! Ha!

The girls at breakfast

And on Sunday....we finally got our christmas tree and decorations up! It was quite interesting trying to do it with a busy little boy all over the place, but we did it!!


He was such a big helper!!
Our new stockings
Our christmas tree

Hudson's christmas tree



Also, I would like to ask for prayers, my grandfather found out today that he has lung cancer. The doctors believe that the tumor is operable, so he is going in for test later this week to make sure that his body is strong enough to withstand a major surgery. My heart just aches over this, and I am just asking God to heal and comfort him through this. Please keep him in your prayers during this time.

1 comment: